- There are 3 views of the millennium: post-millennialism, amillennialism, and premillennialism.
- There are 7 years of tribulation before the establishment of the millennial kingdom.
- The mystery kingdom is the Davidic kingdom that Jesus offered to the Jews but they rejected it. Because they rejected it, He postponed it and set up the church as the mystery kingdom until His coming which brings on the millennium.
- There are 3 parts of the mystery kingdom: the last year of Jesus, the church, and the tribulation.
- There are 57 hours for professional education. There are 48 for arts and sciences. There are 51 for Biblical Curriculum. That totals up to 156 hours to get 2 bachelor's.
- I have taken and am in the process of taking:
- Old Testament 1
- Old Testament 2
- Four Gospels
- Doctrine 1
- Biblical Intro
- I still need to take:
- Old Testament Poetics
- Prophetics 1
- Pauline Epistles 1
- Pauline Epistles 2
- General Epistles
- Prophetics 2
- Bible Elective (New Testament)
- Doctrine 2
- Doctrine 3
- Doctrine Elective
- Church History 1
- Church History 2
- Dr Emmons did a "commercial" for studying in Jerusalem in our junior year to take care of our Doctrine and NT electives.
- I am so glad we use the Hindu-Arabic way of counting.
Anatomy and Physiology
- No wonder I'll never be in the medical field!
- It takes a whole 50 minutes for a class to come up with a definition for "parable."
- It's a very tense, exciting class, but we never seem to get to the point.
- Oliff is just strange. And he sings in class.
What I learned last night from Erin:
- In Doctrine 3, you have to read Ryrie's book Dispensationalism and write a paper. According to Erin, "The book would be half the length if he stopped repeating himself."
This is fun. I just discovered how bullets work.
What I have to do this week:
- Memorize Mark 1:1-3, 10:45; Philippians 2:5-11
- Read Mark
- Read Living By the Book pages 141-170
- Take an OT quiz
- Work 7 hours total (Wednesday and Thursday)
- Go to my ministry on Thursday
- Make a slideshow for the youth Bible study presentation on Friday
- Come up with something to say for Friday
- Study for OT exam #1
- Read Judges and Ruth again
- Figure out if Mr Dunn's video camera can transfer video to my computer and then make a movie with Alexa
- Get stuff ready to send to the Philippines
The courses I have left to take:
- Greek or Hebrew or Spanish
- Literature and Arts of the Western World 1
- Literature and Arts of the Western World 2
- Children's Literature
- Physical Fitness
- Life Management
- Issues of Contemporary Literature
- Cultural Anthropology
- Physical Science
- Integrated Language Arts
- Early Childhood Math
- Teaching Social Studies
- Discipline Seminar
- Education Technology
- Teaching Science in Elementary School
- Dev/Diag Reading Middle School (huh?!)
- Math in Middle School
- Emergent Literacy
- Philosphy of School Ed
- Education Assessment
- Foundtaions of Special Education
- Professional Seminar
- Student Teaching 1
- Student Teaching 2
- TESOL certification courses
CONCLUSION: This is going to be a long 5 years. Forget about the Masters Degree. (But then I can't go home and teach... guess I'm stuck.)