Friday, February 03, 2006

first nap of the semester

HAH!!! I took a nap!!! Amazing! I never took a nap after class all last semester. I was rudely awoken by my pillow madly vibrating because my phone was ringing. Some random person dialled the wrong number... or something... or maybe he was someone I was supposed to know but I didn't. He called twice. The second time I let the phone ring to see if he'd leave a voice message. He didn't -- maybe he figured out he had the wrong number. The weird thing was that it was a 973 area code. Oh well. If I it was important, he'll call again. Maybe. Whatever. But anyway, I got up cuz I need to study and my roomie is coming back soon and I want to ask her about her new job in the cafeteria.

Right in front of me is my chocolate calendar from Susie. It says for Friday, February 3:
"Strength is the capacity to break a chocolate bar into four pieces with your bare hands and then eat just one of the pieces." -- Judith Viorst

And in my mailbox I got:
"'For those who are according to the flesh set their minds on the things of the flesh, but those who are according to the Spirit, the things of the Spirit...and those who are in the flesh cannot please God.' Romans 8:5,8

Dear freshmen: Stay strong in the Lord! Have a wonderful Day! In Him, the Freshman Cabinet"

I also got back my Matthew quiz from Oliff (97) and I didn't get back my reflection paper because I stupidly forgot to put my box number on it! Before they had a box for students to find their papers, but something about a privacy act changed that and they shred all the papers without box numbers. I got a 90 on it though, so that's a B and apparently he doesn't give out A's very easily. Now to see if I get a C on the trace paper. We discussed it in class and nobody brought up the kingdom even once, so I'm guessing I'm way off. Apparently the answer is in chapter 11.

Oh yeah, we didn't have a quiz in Four Gospels today. I don't know why -- probably because Mr Oliff would need a much longer class period to ever get somewhere. He goes off in tangents constantly.

I found out why Dr Hard was supposed to make a presentation at the end of OT (but didn't show up). He was going to give his advertisement for 2 weeks in Turkey or something which would count for Church History 1 that most of us will take in the Fall. It's like a hands-on history thing. I would love to do that, but yeah whatever.

The weather is so weird. The morning was really rainy with rain forecasted for the whole day. Now the clouds have moved away and the sun is shining and it's 62 degrees Fahrenheit outside.

Miss MacCullough told me a story about how she was driving to Puerto Galera with 3 other women and her tire got flat and she couldn't figure out how to tell the people that she wanted a bigger hammer. After that she spent the next few months making sure she knew how to say "Masmalaking martilyo." So that was interesting.

Enough rambling. Goodbye.

P.S. I thought this was particularly amusing from Kamandag Ng Barakuda

No comments: