Saturday, April 15, 2006

This One's For UC

This was from Mom (since she hasn't gotten a blog... YET)

VISTA, Calif. -- A cat shot by two arrows in Vista has died.

This is the second case of someone piercing local cats apparently for fun, 10News reported.
Bill was a 3-year-old cat fighting to survive wounds left by two metal arrows shot into his body. It was a vicious prank that infuriates his caretakers.

"I'd like to think of myself as a gentle person, but if I had a bow and arrow and saw the person who did this, I don't know how gentle I'd be," said Dr. Laura Stokking, a veterinarian.

It happened in Vista probably a few days ago. A neighbor found the cat in his garage on Plymouth Drive with one arrow piercing his back and the other sticking out of his neck. It's the second incident in the same neighborhood this week.

"We would ask the public to call the shelter with any information. If they saw anything, heard anything, call our shelter," said animal control officer Jennifer Scanlon.

The attack on Bill is a felony. It carries a penalty of a year in prison and a $20,000 fine.

A concerned citizen is also offering a $10,000 reward for information leading to a conviction.

1 comment:

Chuck said...

Yup! I missed our cat.





But then I reloaded and got her on the second shot!!!