Friday, November 17, 2006

Many pictures time!!!


Now this is what I got up at 5:45am to finish! I have to make an interactive bulletin board for my unit in Integrated Language Arts. I attempted to put it up last night after work, but the security dude kicked me out at 10:15. So I called Security and asked when the BLC opens in the morning and they unlock it at 5am. I went in at 6am this morning to finish it. The web part took forever -- it's yarn stuck to the board with tacky glue (thanks to Elizabeth). To make the web, I put a picture of a web on the overhead and pulled it back so it filled the board and used it to guide the yarn. (A good idea, thanks to Rachel C.) Too bad my spider looks like a beetle.




Some ducks

And now for Elena's Aunt Mary's pets:

This is Mustache

This is... I forget his name. Oh wait! Curly!

This cat has an interesting name but I forgot what it was.


This is Rage with "Birthday Cake" on his (her?) head

This is what girls do to scare their RA's at roomcheck

Christy, Chris, and Janita threw a birthday party for the summer birthdays -- Danae, Katie, and myself

Sarah studies very well

Elena on the phone

The summer birthday party again

Colleen

Ok, so that's it for some of the recent pictures. There are actually a lot more but I haven't had time to put pictures up.

Here's a week update:
Monday we went to Elena's aunt's house for dinner. Her Aunt Mary made perogies and they were really good. We spent half the time playing with the dogs.
Monday was also my group's turn to do a travelog on Germany for Integrated Language Arts. Yay, we got a 94 grade!

Tuesday I had my Early Childhood math midterm. I am still mathematically challenged. I had the worst grade I've ever had in that class... 88. Actually, my last lesson plan was an 87. Oh well. The nice thing about ed classes is that after all the work, the last month of the semester you basically do nothing other than play the part of children in certain grades and teach one lesson.

Also, my life improved when our philosophy essay was pushed 3 weeks. Yayness!

Wednesday was Wednesday... I don't think anything particularly interesting happened.

Oh wait, did I ever mention I know how to get out of a choke hold? We have a personal safety class in Life Management last week. That was fun.

Thursday we had a cooking demonstration in Life Management. Mrs Hui cracks me up. She made chop suey, aka stir fry. She also had good Asian rice. It was DELICIOUS. Yay! And she's cooking for our Monday MuKappa Feed!

Thursday night at work was B-O-R-I-N-G. There was a tornado watch so nobody was really at the mall.

And finally today was when I did the rest of my bulletin board, went to work, and went to class. I'm back in NJ now. Tonight I'm going over to Kait's house.

I got bitten by a tick in the woods this week. Elena was scaring me about Lymes disease. But according to people here, not every tick that bites has the disease... kinda like dengue I guess. Hopefully I don't get it because that would not be convenient with 18 credits next semester. Needless to say, the woods at the back of PBU are really cool.

Oh yeah, I now have a Chick-fil-A plush cow. YAAAAY!!! It's in my car with Thoughtful the Colored Lizzard and my purple dog. There was a Career Fair at school on Thursday and the guy from the new ChickFilA that's opening Dec 7th was there. I walked up and he said "You look like you need a cow." So I got one!!! And then I told him I work for John and Betty. If I stick with Chick-fil-A he said he might convince Betty to split hours between him and the Oxford Valley Mall branch. Coolness but I think I need a better job.

The Opera Workshop is performing tonight and tomorrow. They also did a showing Thursday afternoon. Sadly I will miss all of them. Serina is in it. They're doing selections from different operas. I walked past chapel on Thursday and heard a part of it. They sound really good. But I decided to drive back to NJ since I don't work tomorrow and I don't feel like paying $8. I only go to PBU events if they're free. HAHAHAHA.

So Elena was talking to her grandma on Wednesday and her grandma said, "There's something I really don't like about PBU!!! The kids make fun of you for living with a white family!"
Elena said, "No wait! Grandma! No! You know who started that?"
And her grandma said, "Who?"
"Becky!"
"Who's Becky?!"
"She's adopted from the Philippines. She lives with a white family too!"
"Oh... so... the other kids don't make fun of you?"
"NO! It's just an inside joke with the two of us!"

HAHAHAHAHA and I hope I never meet her grandma. Just kidding!

Well enough yacking. This is going to be the most relaxing Saturday I have had in while. I don't have that much to do other than write 2 lessons, read a book for philosophy, read for Church History, and do a PE open book exam (really -- that's little compared to the past few weeks). Oh by the way, I got my first 100 on a lesson plan for Dr. A!!! YIPPEE!!!!

Oh and another thing, I realized how much I have changed in a year and a half since college. Standing up front in a class is really no big deal anymore, teaching a lesson does not freak me out, I actually sort of know what I am doing in lesson plans.... yeah... Hahaha. And I do like school by the way. Shhh, that's a deep dark secret.

BYE!!!

No comments: