Saturday, February 02, 2008

Imagine that... a post!


Colleen

We were playing with the hats that were hanging on Jessi's wall in her room... they had lots of dust

Wow... special

Apparently my threats don't scare them because Elena and Jessi wrote on the mirror anyway

MuKappa game night

Oh back to the many hats

Mexican

I was trying to look like Japanese




Hello! Look at this, I'm writing a post! This past week has been crazy-busy with extremely late nights for various and sundry reasons. I had to go to 2 really boring meetings, but at least I got payed to sit there for 5 hours. On top of that, we really need to work on getting our MuKappa cabinet meetings down to 30-45 minutes like they USED to last... not TWO HOURS. Rant over.

Would you believe it, I've grown half a brain! At least in the area of fine literature, I have progressed to actually enjoying it. I found great pleasure in reading sonnets by Shakespeare, Spenser, Sydney, Milton, and Donne. Some of them, particularly Donne, are very fascinating and beautiful.

Sydney, for example, knew the nature of the college student and so he wrote a sonnet especially geared for the college student.
Come, Sleep! O Sleep, the certain knot of peace, The baiting-place of wit, the balm of woe, The poor man's wealth, the prisoner's release... Take thou of me smooth pillows, sweetest bed, A chamber deaf of noise and blind of light, A rosy garland, and a weary head....

At least that's my interpretation of fine literature. I also read the play "Tartuffe" and was quite amused. However, my growth in the world of literature has not managed to embrace Documents of the Christian Church -- at that my brain recoils.

What else of fascination can I indulge you with? Oh yes, Dr. Babb substitute taught for my Pauline 2 class. That was very cool, especially the looks on students faces as the walked in and realized that our chancellor was standing by the desk. Of other food-related news, the Eagle's Nest got a slushie machine and the cafeteria finally has sticky rice.

Four weeks until spring break. That's freaky.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

You got payed? I guess your mom did teach you spelling.

Unknown said...

huh?? what does payed have to do with anything? i spelled it right

Chuck said...

Its PAID!! Even I no that.
UC

Unknown said...

oh. spell check takes payed. must be british. ;)

Anonymous said...

hey becky!!
i haven't read your blog in a while, but i'm reading it now. i got one too. i miss you!!