Thursday, February 14, 2008

Babysitting

"Aidan, I have to study Spanish."
"Spanish? Oh that is soooo hard."
"Not really. What do you think la television means?"
"I don't know."
"Television!"
"Well my friend is learning Spanish so he would know what that means. And he's just a kid!"
"Yeah well that's the best time to learn it."
"Did you learn it when you were a kid?"
"No. Don't you have to learn Spanish in school?"
"No, I don't learn it yet. And I'm not ever going to."
"Why not?"
"I don't know. I know what buenos dias means."
"What?"
"Good morning. Did you know that?"
"Yes."
"She knows it..."
"Aidan, what's your favorite food?"
"My favorite food? I would say peanut butter and jelly."
"Why?"
"That's what I eat every day for lunch."
"What do you want to be when you grow up?"
"Uh... ice cream maker. I would like to be an ice cream maker when I grow up."
"Why?"
"Oh I don't really know why."
"Do you like ice cream?"
"Uh huh."
"What's your favorite flavor?"
"Vanilla."
"That's boring."
"How come?"
"I don't know... I like chocolate."
"Well I really like vanilla because you can really get yourself vanilla ice cream with M&M's and that's why I like vanilla. If you get chocolate you can't see the M&M's especially if you get a brown one. That's why I'm smart."
"Are you writing all that down?"
"Yeah."
"Why?"
"For fun."
"Do you want to be that when you grow up? Is that why you are writing it down?"
"No."
"Then why are you writing it down?"
"For fun! Instead of doing my homework."
"That's what you're supposed to do for your homework? Ask someone what their favorite things are? That's weird."
"No, that's not my homework. I'm doing that instead of homework."
"Oh. I thought you said you were doing your homework."
"No."

1 comment:

somecallmemom said...

Hey, babysitting is fun. I want to do that when I grow up!!